- Must be licensed Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Systems Mechanic (313A certification)
- Preference given to candidates with any other skilled trade designation or experience (i.e. electrical, gas fitting, sheet metal, plumbing, etc.).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience; hospital experience preferable.
- Good working knowledge of:
- Air handling units
- Building Automation systems, preference given to candidates experienced with Honeywell products
- -70C Freezers
- Excellent troubleshooting skills on all HVAC systems (refrigerators, freezers, low temp freezers, cooling towers, etc.)
- Must be able to work independently as well as contribute to the overall team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with “Lean” processes desirable.
- Physically able to do frequent bending, walking, standing and lifting up to a maximum of 50 lbs.
- Able to climb ladders up to 20 feet
Scope of Duties:
Reporting to the Director of Facilities, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Troubleshooting, maintenance, repair, and retrofit of:
- All hospital heating and cooling systems on AHUs, including the chillers
- Ice machines, refrigerators, walk-in refrigerators, -70C freezers
- Troubleshooting of Building Automation System
- Work with other skilled trades in the overall maintenance of the facility.
This position will contribute to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
Job Posting Number