Working within our wonderful Stores Department this position involves replenishment of end-user stocking locations, end-user supply cart maintenance, delivery of non-stock orders, inventory control, picking and staging of supplies for delivery and other miscellaneous tasks that ensure product supply service to end-user points ensuring Materials Management commitments to the facility are efficiently and effectively delivered.
- Proven recordkeeping & organizational skills
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Secondary School diploma
- Must be physically capable of performing job including: extended periods of walking, bending, lifting, carrying, etc.
- Must be able to make decisions on quality and accuracy of work and show initiative
- Must be able to organize and prioritize workload while functioning independently with minimum supervision
- Must have above average public relations skills combined with the ability to relate well under pressure in a positive, courteous, cooperative manner.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with end-users
- Two years recent Materials Management experience with exposure to purchasing and physical logistics, or equivalent combination of education and experience – preferred.
- Knowledge of hospital Purchasing/Receiving and previous experience with computerized Materials Management applications – preferred.
- Knowledge of medical supply and equipment products and terminology – preferred.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume with reference to Job # CS-14-DA
Guelph General Hospital is committed to fostering a safe and healthy work environment which provides equal opportunities to people with disabilities.
While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.