The Senior Director eHealth Solution and Information Management, will provide strategic leadership to the Information Management (IM) Department in support of the Hospital’s strategic plan. The IM Department is comprised of two established teams of IT professionals; Informatics and Infrastructure, that also provide services to Wellington Health Care Alliance (WHCA).
In addition to accountabilities for internal operations the Senior Director will maintain, develop and expand external relationships with local, regional and provincial partners and health service providers to expand on and explore new opportunities that position Guelph General Hospital a key partner in the planning and coordinating of eHealth and other enabling technologies that support the provision of seamless patient-centred health care.
This position reports directly to the Vice President Finance and Information Management (CFO/CIO). The Senior Director will be a member of the Hospital’s Leadership Team and will work closely with the Director Decision Support and the Director Clinical Information Services. The successful candidate is one who can offer strategic perspective and sound business judgment along with a collaborative leadership style.
Qualifications and experience required:
- 10+ years of proven experience in enabling technologies, eHealth solutions, and establishing relationships within the Ontario Hospital/Healthcare sector
- Minimum of five years IM/IT/IS management experience, with strong leadership, conflict resolution and motivational skills
- Minimum five years relevant experience in regional eHealth planning, project management and/or services delivery
- Demonstrated senior level leadership and business acumen with proven expertise in eHealth solutions, informatics and information technology
- Team player with proven success in applying a team approach and the ability to work in conjunction with clinical directors and staff in a supportive way to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Proven business acumen with the ability to leverage existing relationships and build new ones Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical capabilities, with the ability to establish goals and outcomes that maximize the use of available resources and delivers consistent quality results
- Demonstrable experience in leading major process improvement projects, including success at achievement of stated goals, with delivery of projects on scope, time and budget.
- Project management experience, specifically large-scale projects, across many disciplines
This position will contribute to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
Guelph General Hospital is committed to fostering a safe and healthy work environment which provides equal opportunities to people with disabilities.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume with reference to Job # NU-14-024 to:
Guelph General Hospital
115 Delhi Street, Guelph, Ontario N1E 4J4
While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.