We have an immediate opportunity for an Administrative Assistant to provide support for Employee Health Services. Reporting to the Director of Organizational Development and Employee Health Services, the Administrative Assistant is responsible to provide support to the Occupational Health Nurses, Health and Safety Coordinator and the Occupational Physician including reception, orientation, data collection and record keeping aligned with the values of the hospital – Respect, Accountability, Compassion and Teamwork.
We are seeking a highly organized, energetic professional who is able to provide both administrative support to others, and to coordinate their own body of work, in a fast paced, dynamic and ever-changing environment. Managing multiple priorities simultaneously, while providing timely and accurate reports, is essential for this position.
To be successful in the position, you will possess advanced computer skills and knowledge, including preparing and utilizing Excel spreadsheets, creating and editing Word and Adobe Acrobat documents, and Outlook calendar management.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Completed post-secondary diploma
- Advanced level experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook Parklane Systems experience preferred
- Minimum of three years administrative experience, preferably in health care setting
- Current First Aide Certificate an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently, in an ever changing environment with continual interruptions
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with a strong customer service focus
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Proven organizational and time management skills
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a detailed resume with reference to job # NU-16-025 to: