The Unit Attendant:
- Monitors the department inventory and reports deficits to the Resource Nurse
- Procures equipment and prepares the bedside for admission
- Checks the department stock daily. Notifies the Resource/Charge nurse of shortages/concerns.
- Keeps work areas tidy and hallways and exits clear
- Ensures enough stretchers, wheelchairs, pumps etc. are available for immediate use.
- In collaboration with nursing, assists with safe patient transfers and mobilization.
- Assists with transportation of equipment, supplies and specimens intra/interdepartmentally
The successful candidate should possess:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work and exercise judgement independently, as well as the ability to take direction and work as a team member
- Demonstrated knowledge of WHMIS, universal precautions, emergency codes and good body mechanics
- Physically capable of manoeuvring and pushing stretchers with patients
Job Posting Number
Critical Care Unit
12 hour night shifts 7pm-7am, weekends included. Able to pick up day shifts if interested.