Guelph General Hospital has an immediate opportunity for a full-time Informatics Analyst in the Information Management/Technology Department.
The successful candidate will be a member of the Informatics team of professionals that provides services to Guelph General Hospital and Wellington Healthcare Alliance which includes Groves Memorial Community Hospital in Fergus, Louise Marshall Hospital in Mount Forest and Palmerston and District Hospital in Palmerston. While the schedule for this position is primarily Monday to Friday, 9 to 5, at Guelph General Hospital, occasional travel and flexibility will be required.
We are seeking a positive, hardworking individual who is committed to the delivery of high quality service to develop, sustain, and enhance the Hospital Information System. The Informatics Analyst will report to the Manager, Informatics with accountability for support of MEDITECH LIS, including the Blood Bank, Laboratory, Microbiology, and Pathology Modules, and other related systems such as interfaces, Point of Care connectivity and Cancer Care Ontario Synoptic Reporting. This individual will work collaboratively within the IM/IT team and with other departments such as Laboratory, Nursing, Allied Health, and Clinical Information Services to provide leadership, insight, and expertise in supporting the on-going evolution, expansion and improvement of Health Information Systems.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to: liaising with stakeholders to identify opportunities for improvements and efficiencies; providing support for applications used within the organization including change and project management/leadership related to development, evaluation, workflow analysis, system build, validation, training, data analysis and reporting; creation of support documents such as procedures, task tracking, and training tools; collaborating with Information Management partners.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT) in good standing with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario (CMLTO)
- Knowledge and experience using Meditech Laboratory Information System
- 5+ years’ experience in related role
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a dynamic team
- Demonstrated time management and project management skills
- Aptitude and excitement for learning new applications and technologies
- Creative problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven success in strategies that have resulted in client adoption, improved efficiencies and effectiveness
- Passion for being a change agent and leader in enabling improvements in patient care quality and safety through information management in healthcare
- Committed to values of compassion, respect, teamwork, and accountability
This position will contribute to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.Guelph General Hospital is committed to fostering a safe and healthy work environment which provides equal opportunities to people with disabilities.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume with reference to Job # NU-15-002 to:
While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.