We have two regular part time opportunities for Ward Clerks in our Medical Unit. Successful candidates will be available for pre-booked shifts, plus have availability for short notice call-ins. Current shifts include days, evenings, and weekends.
- Work closely with team leader in organizing flow of patients.
- Provide initial greeting and direction to patients upon presenting in department.
- Answer telephone, take messages and redirect calls as indicated
- Schedule follow-up and diagnostic appointments for patients both internally and externally. Communicate necessary information to patient, family and physician as indicated.
- Assist with directing patients to assigned rooms and maintaining communication between patients, families, physicians and staff.
- Assist patients with transportation arrangements.
- Retrieve and assemble patient charts as required.
- Enter patient orders.
- Obtain diagnostic results from PCI and externally as needed.
- Review charts following patient visit to ensure chart is complete. Monitor and process incoming and outgoing faxes.
- Input necessary department statistics i.e. GRASP
- Responsible for departmental mail and distribution of physician reports.
- Assist with maintaining SPD, Stores, linen and other stock. Assist with daily restocking of rooms if needed.
- Assist manager with maintaining time sheets and completing payroll
- Medical Office Administration Program certificate and/or recent related medical office experience
- Medical Terminology course with demonstrated working knowledge
- Excellent computer skills with 55 wpm keyboarding
- Demonstrated organizational and record keeping skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Proven ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Previous hospital experience including experience with Meditech Order Entry would be an asset
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume with reference to Job # CS-13-148/149
While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.